For the last couple weeks, I have been trying out a new product from Not Your Mother’s (NYM) called Déjà Vu ‘Do Style-Extender. This product is a primer designed to extend the life of your hairstyle by repelling dirt and oil, maintaining body and volume, and preventing the effects of humidity. Now, I can use all the help I can get when it comes to humidity. My hair is naturally wavy and when you add in humidity, it goes full Monica. It ain’t cute.
NYM recommends applying a nickel-sized amount of product to damp hair, root to tip. Comb through, then style. Blow dry for best results.
- Decreased frizziness
- Decreased oiliness–I still used some dry shampoo, but definitely less than I usually do
- Maintained more body and volume–even on day 2
- My hair only needed a few touch-ups on day 2. Definitely made getting out the door easier and faster.
- I also I also worked out in between these photos and my hair still held up (and I sweat like it’s my job)!
- You must blow dry. I have tried using this product on days when I left my hair to air-dry and it did not work. My hair became frizzy throughout the day and was fairly limp the next day.
- Product has an artificially fruity smell. It claims to smell like red apples & berries, but it smells like a candy version of red apples & berries. Luckily, the smell doesn’t linger.
I will definitely continue to use this product on days when I blowout my hair. My hair felt like I had just come from the salon. I was also so impressed that I hardly had to mess with my hair at all on day 2! I’m excited to use it this summer, as I often would just wear my hair up constantly in the summers because it would get so frizzy from humidity if I left it down. Déjà Vu ‘Do Style-Extender is also a great value–it retails for $9 for 4 oz and is available at many large retailers like Target, Wal-Mart, and Walgreens. I will definitely be repurchasing!
And just to prove that it wasn’t a fluke…
What new products have you tried lately?
Disclosure: I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.