My little squishy-faced buddy, Winston, turns one today! Because of his fawn coloring, he is often mistaken for a pug. But this handsome little dude is all French Bulldog. Frenchies have been everywhere lately, so in honor of Winston’s birthday, I rounded up a few Frenchie merchandise favorites!
- Adorable lipgloss from Forever 21, cute enough to display on your nightstand or desk!
- Perfect for a day at the dog park, these French Bulldog Print Toms by The Matt Butler via Scoutmob will have everyone talking!
- The Frenchie on this shirt is as cool as they come!
- Those big ears get cold in the winter! Protect them with the BatHat by snorfindustries.
- Where else would you want to store your cookies? Or homemade dog treats?
- This dishtowel from Anthropologie is too cute to use, officially.
- You can never have enough Frenchie shirts!
And of course, you can always customize a shirt for yourself at Pop Your Pup! They take a photo of your pet’s face, turn it into pop art, and put it on a shirt for you!
And because I’m obsessed with my dog and, like any good fur-mom, think he is just the cutest ever…here are more photos of my buddy Winston
Happy Birthday little dude. Thanks for make me smile everyday–even on the days when you eat my socks.
Customer service is a big deal to me. I’ll even pay extra for it (seriously, who has the time or energy to be treated like crap?) and love you forever. However, when you can get an affordable, great piece and great customer service? Well that is just the best!
That brings me to a store I found recently via The Budget Babe: Ash & Willow
Ash & Willow is a trendy and affordable jewelry and accessories boutique. Think Francesca’s on a smaller scale and slightly edgier. All of their items are under $40. You get free shipping over $25. They run frequent sales! What more do you need?
Oh, and they are also super friendly. I was having trouble with a coupon code and emailed their customer service email. I heard back within an hour and the issue was resolved immediately! I was shocked. Normally, if you email a customer service, you’ll hear back sometime that day, not within an hour.
I ordered the Double Take Stud Earrings.
They are a great and super budget-friendly alternative the the Dior Tribal Front-to-Back Earrings.
If you have $300+ to drop on these, high five! I do not.
I was really impressed at the quality of what I got.They are comfy and adorable and the shipping was really quick. My ears are nickel-sensitive, but I have had no problems with them. They are the perfect complement to so many outfits!
I would definitely check them out! I am so glad I did!
Forever 21 and I have a weird relationship. I have pieces from F21 that I love and receive compliments on all the time. For the most part, you can’t beat the price point either. But, I will also admit that as a 29 year old professional, I sometimes feel really old setting foot in the store sometimes. I’m not exactly the store’s target demographic though. But I love a good bargain, so sometimes you gotta shove those awkward feelings aside and shift through the Looney Toons leggings and hashtag t-shirts to find that gorgeous chambray dress. Here are a few of my favorites for spring!
(1) Asymmetrical Draped Zipper Top I love me some draping, so I fell in love with this top. It’s also modern, but not so trendy that you won’t get a few seasons of wear out of it. This top totally looks like you spent more than $19.90 on it, which I think is the best part!
(2) Layered Cord Statement Necklace I love a great statement necklace. It can easily change a casual look into something a bit more sleek and chic. I have plenty of colorful statement necklaces, but nothing like this. It’s edgy and a little sexy. Winner in my book!
(3) Knotted Striped Crop Top When crop tops started making a resurgence a couple years ago, I groaned. I was thinking late 90s/early 00s crop top a la Ms. Spears. But these crop tops are less about exposure. You’re more just using a small strip of skin as a belt! Cute and, far more age appropriate. I love this top with the little knot in the center, which gives it a slightly vintage feel. I would love to pair this with my skirt leggings!
(4) Collared Surplice Jumpsuit One of these days, I will be brave and by a jumpsuit. For me, they are a little intimidating. But this number has me thinking I can take the plunge! I love the chic ivory color, the defined waist, and the sexy deep V neckline.
(5) Longline Belted Vest Menswear is as in as ever and I am loving this white alternative to the menswear vest. Perfect for spring. Now I just need some self-tanner so I don’t look totally ghostly.
A basic or principal element or feature.
What makes a style staple? For me, an item must be 3 things: versatile, comfortable, and season-less. Meet those three requirements and I will wear you out until I finally spill something intractable on you and I
silently cry. “Ugh. I just got this…like, 8 years ago.”
That brings me to my very first style staple….the Mimu Maxi Skirt Leggings
. I love these. If you’re not familiar with the brand, they have been all over social media recently. The company was started by 2 women who are trying to follow the modesty guidelines within their Hasidic Jewish tradition and still remain fashionable. Best part is, their clothing totally appeals to tons of women outside of their religious tradition! This skirt is super comfy and soft. They are available in a bunch of colors–black, camel, green, red, and blue. Mimu Maxi previously had prints available, but none for now. What I love about it is that I can remain covered up and fairly warm, but the skirt is still very figure-flattering. It cuts a nice waist for me and shows my curves without being too overt.
(Excuse my dog, he never leaves my side…clearly)
I love it so much I already own 2 and can’t wait to buy more from this label (hello, cascade dress)! The one thing I was worried about when I bought it–would it be awkward to walk in? I mean, your legs are kind of plastered in this tube, right? Wrong! The fabric has plenty of give and hits you high enough that I still feel I can take a normal stride. I’m not going to do the splits in these anytime soon anyways.
Jacket (old): Similar here
Shoes: Jonathan Adler for Toms (old)